Side Jobs to Earn Extra Money
Most everybody thinks about making more money than they are currently making. Even the richest men in America wake up thinking, how can I earn more money this year, and increase my wealth. It is just a fact of human nature that we all want to become more wealthy, and it’s a function of greed and ego that often takes hold for the mega wealthy person. But for the majority of us, we want to earn more for our families, to retire a little bit earlier, to afford a home, or to leave something for our heirs. In this article, we’ll explore some of the top ways that you can earn a little extra income, or maybe a lot of extra income.
First, many people accomplish earning an extra income as a side job. And for most of us, or many people coming about a side job can be easy, it is just a matter of how much you want that extra money. The other item for consideration, is just how much you value your extra time, and how much are you willing to sacrifice to make that extra money. For Kim Kardashian, she obviously isn’t going to take on a paper route to earn some extra money. But she may take on a new clothing line, or a new APP for a smartphone that has some built in-app purchases to net her a few extra million per year. So we first need to think about what is it worth for you to work extra and how much are you hoping to bring in.
In order to make this calculation we need to work backwards. If you want to earn an extra $1,000 per month, some simple math will get us to an answer of how hard we have to work. So, If we only have an average of 10 hours per week to work, or 40 house per month, then a service based business will require us to earn $25 per hour for this amount of money to be earned. So once we have this baseline, we can look at what we can do to earn $25 per hour and how can we find clients to make this work. Here are a few suggestions:
- Website designer
- Bookkeeper assisting small businesses.
- Accountant for a small business on the side.
- Graphic Artist
- Window Washer
- Writer for online publications based on your expertise.
- Uber Driver or Lyft Driver.
So, the list above are a few quick examples of side jobs that one may take on in order to earn some side income. They are pretty simple and may just take a small investment of time to get them up and running.
Higher Paying Options for Part Time Work
The initial examples were jobs that many people can do with some amount of training or if they already have a background in a specific task. But maybe you are looking to earn a lot more than $1,000 per month in your side job. Well don’t worry, this can be possible too. It is possible by moving away from a service based job, and maybe looking at a job that you can scale over time. This type of job is one that you will be able to accomplish by choosing something that can have a much greater income stream that a service based job. Here are a few examples:
- Internet Affiliate Marketer
- Online Retailer – create a store
- Sell Arbitrage Products on Amazon
- Manufacture products abroad, and they them domestically in the United States, Canada, or Europe.
- Take your profession to the next level. If you are a computer engineer, can you build the worlds next great APP?
As you can see, with a little bit of thinking, you can start to expand the possibilities of creating a self made income. It is not that hard, but you’ll need to think about the possibilities, and think outside of the box. For some people who aren’t able to think with a entrepreneurs mind this may be difficult. And, it too can be difficult to know what is the best option for you to work on given a limited amount of time for you to invest into this business.
How do I start a part time business?
Have no fear we have a few ideas on how you can get started down the path to making an extra income. This side job that we are talking about is just what is needed to help you start boosting your total wealth. To finish out this article, lets dive into the top 5 ways to take the first steps:
- ONE – Take massive action by getting start doing something. If you sit on the couch every night getting fat, eating too much, playing video games, neglecting the free time you have, try to change that. If you start to make changes, and start by making those first steps, you will see a snowball start to be moving, and it will become easier and easier to make advances in your new small business venture.
- TWO – Don’t worry about failure, just keep moving forward. Most successful business people will have failures, but you want to mitigate those failures, recover from them and continue moving forward toward success.
- THREE– Analyze and research before you get started. Don’t just blindly start a business, this is a horrible idea. You’ll need to do a little research and figure out just how big is the market that you are going after. For example I was in Walmart the other day in sunny Southern California. I saw a really bad business decision that somebody made. They had about 100 outdoor overalls that are made for arctic weather. They were all marked 60% off and in the closeout section, and in my head I thought…DUH. Who would bring this product into the Southwest to try and sell it. This was a bad business decision…you don’t want to make bad decisions and research will help you narrow down your business ideas and help you make good decisions.
- FOUR – Multiple irons in the fire when you get started. If you aren’t 100% sure what is the right area to focus on initally try to narrow it down to maybe 1,2 or 3 potential small businesses. Depending on how easy it is to start them, you can entertain the idea of starting all three of them. For example, maybe you will do a few landscaping jobs, create a few websites, and you plan to build an APP for smartphones.
- FIVE – Revise, Reinvent, Mold, and Shift – Don’t stay stagnant, and don’t stay committed to the path if the path seems like a path toward failure. The market, or your potential customers will help lead you towards a successful part time business.
This article is a brief intro, and expanding on all throughout this website, Please join our website newsletter and we will update you as new content and offers are released. But remember, that you can get more from life by putting in hard word and massive effort to get the ball rolling and moving in your favor.
Best of Luck !!!